UBA Survey Results
2014 UBA Survey Results
Since 2005, United Benefit Advisors® (UBA) has surveyed and advised thousands of employers across the nation regarding their health plan offerings, their ongoing plan decisions in the face of significant legislative and marketplace changes, and the impact of these changes on their employees and businesses. Based on responses from 9,950 employers sponsoring 16,967 health plans, the UBA Health Plan Survey is the nation’s largest health plan benchmarking survey and it provides more accurate plan cost and design data than any other source.
The 2014 UBA Health Plan Survey results reveal noteworthy trends and developments that bear scrutiny and the ongoing attention of employers interested in benchmarking their plans against the competition and making the most informed health care plan decisions possible.
Key findings from the 2014 Executive Summary include:
- Employers overwhelmingly opted for early renewals of their plans
- A “new normal” may be emerging for increased out-of-pocket costs for employees
- The rise of HSAs and HRAs
- Employers continue to offer one PPO health plan option
- Wellness program adoption seems to be in a holding pattern
- Small and midsized employer costs flip-flop
- Northeast regional plans continue to be the richest and could be subject to the Cadillac tax
Click Here to read the full UBA Health Survey.
Contact us to receive more information.